Cultural Memory of Sorrow in Advertising after the Terrorist Attacks
AbstractThe general objective of this research study is to do a comparative research to investigate the perception of sorrow in the advertising in the press after the terrorist attacks: 11/09/2001 (U.S.) and 11/04/2004 (Spain). The general hypothesis considers that there are similar perceptions of the sorrow towards the ads although there are cultural differences. On a computer program the subject was shown these images about announcement advertisement published in the press after the 09/11 and 11/04 in a random order and was asked different questions that explored their perception and attitudes with regard to these advertisements
2. Bower, Gordon H. (1981). “Mood and memory”, American Psychologist, Vol 36(2), Feb 1981, 129-148.
3. Collins, A. and Loftus, E. (1975). “A spreading activation theory of semántica processing”, Psychological Review, 82, pp. 407-247.
4. Collins, A. and Quillian, M.R. (1969). “Retrieval time from semántica memory”, Journal of verbal learning and verbal behavior, 8 (2), pp. 240–247
5. Fernández- Abascal, E. et al. (2010): Psicología de la emoción. Ramón Areces, Madrid.
6. Izard, C.E. (1977). Human Emotions. New York: Plenum.
7. Holbrook, Morris B. and Rajeev Batra (1987). "Assessing the Role of Emotions as Mediators of Consumer Responses to Advertising," Consumer Research, 14, (December), pp. 404-420.
8. Kleinginna, P. R., and Kleinginna, A. M. (1981) „A categorized list of emotion definitions, with suggestions for a consensual definition”, Motivation and emotion, 5(4), pp.345–379.
9. Lang, P. Brandley, M. and Cuthbert, B. (1999). “Emotion, attention and the startle réflex”, Psychological Rievew, 97, pp.377-395.
10. Lazarus, R. (1994). “Universal antecedents of the emotions”. In Ekman, P. and Davison (Eds). The Nature os emotion:fundamental questions, pp. 163-171. Nueva York, Oxford University Press.
11. Wundt, W.(1996). Compendio de psicología. La Española Moderna. Madrid.
12. Zillmann, D. (1983). “Transfer os excitation in emocional behavior” In Cacioppo, J.T. and Petty, R.E. (1983). Social Psychophysiology, pp. 215-240, Nueva York, The Guilford Press.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
Култура/Culture by MI-AN is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.